Each day men and women are looking for ways to quickly gain muscle and more people are learning the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be. There is no magic potion that will turn your body into a fat burning machine, or ripped overnight, but there are some simple things you can do to build muscle fast.
- One of the most important things you want to do is limit your cardio. Rachel Cosgrove suggest doing up to two days of light jogging on a treadmill, and keep it up to 30 minutes per session. She also says to lose fat while sparing muscle its best to do sprint intervals, for example running one minute then backing off to a light jog for two minutes. Cardio burns calories, but when you build muscle you'll burn calories even after the initial workout so keep the cardio to a limit of only a few days a week.
- Eating meat is another vital step you should take in your journey to building muscle fast. According to Adam Campbell, you should eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, which is roughly the maximum amount your body can use in a day. And that was from a landmark study in the Journal of Applied Physiology. If you don’t eat enough meat, your muscles will not have the fuel it need thus taking you longer to gain muscle. Also meat provides complete protein and vegetables provide incomplete protein according to Medline Plus. You have to combine the two if you want to get some of your protein from veggies and maximize muscle gains.
- Do workouts that target all of your muscles. When you do dead lifts, squats, planks, and push-ups, you are targeting more muscle groups than you would if you do exercises that don’t. The best way to perform these exercises is do them with little rest in between. If you are a beginner, you can start out slow and build your way up to doing more. Exercises that target the bigger muscles will help you to quickly gain muscle.
- Do some form of strength training. Doing lunges and squats is a good place to start and according to WebMD, this will prompt your legs to start building muscles. They also said the amount of weight you use and repetitions should be enough to fatigue the muscles. Adam says it will hinder the growth if you don’t.
- Leg presses are also a good form of exercise for building muscle. According to Blackdoctor, every gym has a guy with light bulb syndrome, which is a muscleman who neglected his lower body lol. The leg press will work the major leg muscles.
- The next thing you want to do is drink water. This is important when you are performing any kind of exercise or activity. The body is made up of roughly 70% water and you need to replace loss fluids after all workouts, including building muscle. Your muscles need water. Drink 8-10 cups of water or more daily.
These 6 steps is all you need to quickly gain muscle. As I mentioned before, there is no overnight way to build muscle, but anyone can do it if they follow these smalls steps. Even if you are a skinny man, you will build muscles quickly without going to a gym and in the comfort of your home if you desire.