Monday, January 16, 2012

How to Make Healthy Restaurant Choices

Many people love eating out at restaurants. Family and friends gather at restaurants often to celebrate a milestone in their lives and to spend time together. But if you want a slim healthy body, you need to know the do’s and don’ts in making healthy restaurant choices.
The unhealthiest foods to avoid at restaurants are fried foods, foods made of refined flours, and sodas and drinks made with fake and processed sugars. I know these foods are what most people order at a restaurant, but these are the foods that are the unhealthiest choices at restaurants and these foods make people fat and are damaging to the body.
When it comes to making healthy restaurant choices, a person should consider avoiding bread, fries, and soda. Restaurants make bread taste so good and they make the fries taste even better, but these foods are bitter to the stomach. Fries and bread are starchy and they cause more than just weight gain, they cause diseases, bloating, tiredness, and can cause constipation.
How do you avoid these tempting foods? The best way is to avoid sandwiches, pastas, certain deserts, and rice. These are the most commonly order foods on the menu. These are not healthy restaurant choices for you at all. They often put to much pasta and rice on the plate, and some restaurants give unlimited amounts of breads before the ordering even begin. The best foods to order are lean meats, with veggies, a healthy salad, and for the drink some water and lemon. Water and lemon is good for fat after it is eaten and lemon helps with bloating and digestion. Lemon has many other health benefits also.
In almost all restaurants, you can substitute foods. Instead of fries you can order healthy sides such as veggies or a salad. A lot of times when I go out to eat, I will get the fries and give them to my husband, who loves to order double fries, just to save money and prevent him from getting the second order. But at the same time, I try to encourage him not to eat fries as much as he does. After he eats those fries, he often complains of stomach pains, which I believe comes from eating fries. Fries and soda are always foods I avoid when I go out to eat. I make no compromise when it comes to these two foods. I like to eat sandwiches and cheese sticks from time to time, but I eat healthy the majority of times I visit a restaurant.
If you want to avoid weight gain and have a healthier body, these tips will get you on the right track and I hope you benefit from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment